Please click here to request a song for our November 12 Dance. We want you to have the best dance ever!
Published! Congratulations to John, Patrick and Cassidy for the publication of their Letters to the Editor in the Squamish Chief newspaper on October 1, 2015. Click the link below to read their opinions:
Welcome Parents, Guardians, Students, Community Members!
Please find below key information for your back-to-school preparations.
- Grade 7 Rally and Orientation– All incoming Grade 7 students are invited to Don Ross on Wednesday, September 2nd from 10am to 12:30pm to meet one another and participate in a number of fun community building activities. Our Grade 9 Leadership Class hosts this exciting and enjoyable event.
- Grade 9 Leadership Class – September 1st & 2nd – Leadership Students host the Grade 7 Rally. Tuesday, September 1st from 10:00am to 1:30pm is the training and planning day. Wednesday, September 2nd from 10am to 12:30pm is the Rally event.
- First Day of School – Tuesday, September 8th. The first day of school operates as follows:
- Grade 9: 8:30am – 11:38am
- Bring a snack for Nutrition Break
- Regular bus pick up times in the morning
- Buses Depart from Don Ross at 11:38am
- Grade 8 and Grade 7: 10:00am – 1:36pm
- Bring a lunch
- Bus pick up in the morning is 90 minutes later than the regularly scheduled pick up times except for students from Upper Squamish, Cheakamus, Klahanie and Britannia who are welcome to ride the earlier bus or make alternate arrangements.
- Buses depart from Don Ross at 1:36pm
- Grade 9: 8:30am – 11:38am
- Student Timetables –You will receive your child’s timetable in the mail during the last week of August. Please note that your child’s Teachers will change from what appears on the timetable as we finalize staffing.
- Bussing –Pre-registration is not required. All Don Ross students will register on the first day of school. They must know their bus route and bus stop to complete their registration. Bus routes and schedules are posted on our school website: bus routes and on our district website: http://sd48seatosky.org/bus-routes/
- Back to school supplies– School supply lists for each grade are posted below.
- School Calendar– The 2015-2016 School year calendar is located on the Don Ross website under the “News” tab. Check the calendar throughout the year for updates on school events: School Calendar
- School Name Change: Our school name is now École Don Ross Middle School . Our First Nations Students and Educators are designing a new school logo, which we plan to unveil this year.
- New Principal & Vice Principal – Joining our Admin Team this year is Ms. Robin Kirk, Principal and Mr. Stuart Bent, Vice Principal. Ms. Karen Saenger will continue to serve our school community also in the role of the Vice Principal.
- Parents/Guardians– Our Parent Advisory Council (PAC) will be hosting a parent reception and introductory meeting on Tuesday, September 22nd at 6:30pm at Don Ross School. All parents and guardians are invited to attend.
- Parent/Guardian Email– Please contact Anne MacDougall, Clerical Assistant, (AMacdougall@sd48.bc.ca) with any changes, deletions, or additions. In your email, please indicate the name of your child/children.
- SD#48’s School Opening Package– Our school district has published a School Opening Package that contains information for all parents/guardians in our district on the district website homepage: http://sd48seatosky.org/
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Please find attached the Honour Roll and Principal’s List for each grade for the 2014-15 school year. Also attached is the list of recipients of our Grade 9 subject awards and major school awards.
Please note that the criteria for our school Honour Roll is a “B” letter grade average (3.0 Grade Average) , and the criteria for the Principal’s list is straight “A’s” (4.0 Grade Average).
(***Grade 8 and 9 Honour Roll and Principal’s Lists are based on Term 2 marks issued in March.)
On behalf of the entire staff at Don Ross Secondary School I would like to wish all our students and their families a wonderful summer!
Don Ross Secondary School
Course Selection sheets were handed out yesterday for Grade 7 & 8 students moving to Grade 8 & 9 in 2015-16 school year.
Course selection booklets can be found under the About menu at the top of the page or from this direct link.
Students should spend some time going over their choices with their parents before handing it back in.
Once completed, please return course selections forms to the office by Wednesday March 4th, 2015.