Library @ Lunch Series
Our Library is a hub of activity with flourishing research and critical thinking during class time and creative fun at lunch time. Click here to read Shelf Life, our library newsletter.
November 30th – 4:30pm to 7:45pm
In Gratitude of Silence
By: Debbie Holick
Silent now the soldiers sleep, their tales long laid to rest.
I knew them not yet still I weep and place a poppy o’er my breast.
They were husbands, brothers, fathers, sons; so valiantly they fought.
On shores stained red, on hands and knees; it was our freedom that they sought.
Courageously they stood their ground but freedom carries a cost.
Thousands of men were wounded and countless lives were lost.
So in gratitude of silence and all those who have served,
sleep now, you have earned it. Your peace is well deserved.
A Visit to the Trenches
Students draw on this experiential field trip to reflect on the difficult times and the sacrifices that soldiers made for Canada and peace in the world. Back in the classroom, students are understanding the dramatic impact World War I and all conflicts have on the mental well-being of all those involved in war.
We Scare Hunger – A Huge Success
We raised $201.40 and collected over 430 items for the Squamish Food Bank. Great job Don Ross!
Here are the Colour Team standings for the Food Drive:
1st – Yellow – 147 items 3rd – Green – 99 items
2nd – Red – 129 items 4th – Blue – 57 items
Special thank you to:
- Ms. Sherlock and Ms. Keyes for helping us with the Haunted House,
- Ms. Erskine for making the Balloon Animals,
- Coastal Ford Squamish for picking up and delivering the items to the Food Band,
- Student Artists who offered Face Painting,
- All staff and students who contributed and/or wore a costume. You made it a fun day!
- Our custodial staff whose brooms we used for clean up!
- Our student leaders who made a difference to the lives of others through the We Scare Hunger projects.