Opening Day – September 5, 2017
Reunite with Friends!
Receive your Lock and Locker!
Find your Homeroom and Class Schedule!
Frequently Asked Questions…
- What time should I come to school?
- Grade 9 – Arrive at 8:25am and Depart at 11:15am
- Grade 8 – Arrive at 8:25am and Depart at 11:15am
- Grade 7 – Arrive at 10:15am and Depart at 1:30pm
- Should I bring a snack and/or lunch?
- Grade 9 – Bring snack for Nutrition Break
- Grade 8 – Bring snack for Nutrition Break
- Grade 7 – Bring lunch for Lunch Break
- Will the School Bus take me to and from Don Ross Middle School?
- Grade 9 – YES – take your regularly scheduled bus and return trip transportation is provided
- Grade 8 – YES – take your regularly scheduled bus and return trip transportation is provided
- Grade 7 – YES – Bus pick up in the morning is 1 hour and 45 minutes later than your regularly scheduled pick up times and return trip transportation is provided
- EXCEPT – Grade 7 students from Upper Squamish, Cheakamus, Klahanie and Britannia there is no later pick up. You are welcome to ride the earlier bus or make alternate arrangements.
- When and where do I get my bus?
- Click here for the 2017-2018 SD#48 Bus Schedule
- What if I am new to Don Ross Middle School?
- If you are new to Squamish and registered before July 6, 2017, come at your Grade specific time (above)
- If you are new to Squamish and did not register before July 6, 2017, follow this link for registration information: Registration
- If you are coming from Grade 6 at an SD#48 Elementary School, you are already registered, come with Grade 7s at 10:15am
- If you are coming from Ecole Les Aiglons or a private school in Squamish and you registered before July 6, 2017, come at your Grade specific time (above)
- If you are coming from Ecole Les Aiglons or a private school in Squamish and you did not register before July 6, 2017, follow this link for registration information: Registration
Recognition and Honours
We were treated to another display of student talent and achievement at our Recognition Assembly. Our Band was simply superb! Mrs. Wallace our Band Teacher and Director was given a standing ovation. Shoya U. and Isaac M. presented this year’s grade 9 tribute video: “Why Do You Love Don Ross?”. Many of our athletic teams were recognized. Amalthea S. was given a round of applause for being the honorary musician at the Grade 9 Awards Ceremony. Chess Tournament trophies were awarded to: 1st – Josh C., 2nd – Sharon Y., 3rd – Eiji W. District Student Council members: Jon G., Alex L., Trina F., Sukhdeep S., and Claire T. were gifted with a framed photo to recognize their contributions to our school and district. The Honour Roll and Principal’s List were presented. And, the major Grade 9 Award Recipients were applauded with enormous enthusiasm. Congratulations!
Click on the photo below to hear our Band.
District Student Council: From Left to Right – Claire, Alex, Trina, Jon, Sukhdeep
Major Grade 9 Award Recipients
Academic Achievement – Principal’s List
Academic Achievement – Honour Roll
Student video challenge – Can your recipe be successfully reproduced?
Nicholas and Mason decide to add humour to this project and were successful with bringing laughter to the class while meeting their project criteria. Click on the photo below to watch their hilarious video.